Welcome to Hambledon Methodist Church
Hambledon Methodist Church is a little village chapel with a strongly evangelical outlook that reaches out to all in the village and surrounding communities. The Chapel first opened its doors in July 1864 and is typical of the numerous Methodist chapels that sprang up, largely by public subscription, throughout the rural parts of Hampshire. Hambledon Chapel, although retaining many of its original features, continues to evolve to meet the changing needs of the community and to bring the Christian message to the village and the wider neighbourhood.
We are a warm and welcoming Christian community. We are blessed by having the support not only of our Circuit Minister, David Moss but by our Pastoral Minister, Andrew Baguley whose focus is on supporting the fellowship here and providing outreach into Hambledon and the surrounding area. As a loving fellowship we focus on self help and mutual support.
The church fellowship and Circuit have invested considerable effort and resources to grow the church to meet the spiritual needs of the changing community. The ethos of our church is based on the fruit of the Spirit through a demonstration of love, joy and peace in all our services and other activities. Our services, whilst firmly grounded in the Methodist heritage of preaching the Gospel, are inclusive and have a level of informality which, we hope, allows all to be drawn closer into the presence of the Lord.