Tennis Court News
Tennis Court News
*COVID-19 UP-DATE: THE TENNIS COURT WILL RE-OPEN WED 13 MAY 2020. PLEASE SEE Tennis Court Unlock Advice to Players 12 May FOR IMPORTANT INFO FOR PLAYERS.*
The village tennis court is situated just behind the Church. It is a facility available for all villagers and their family and friends for the modest cost of £35 per person/family per year (or £50 for a non-village-or-school family) Racquets are available (for adults and children), kindly donated by a villager. There are tennis balls for children available too plus mini-nets. On Saturday mornings there is free coaching for children by an official LTA coach sponsored by Carter Jonas, Large and Gibson. K Miller, de Mellow and the Hampshire and IOW Playing Fields Association. To make a booking or to play on the court you first have to register on: http://hambledon.clubnet.org.uk. More than one family member can register so you can make a booking without relying on somebody else doing it for you. Registry allows you to book the court 2 weeks in advance.
Those who have registered will be alerted by e-mail. If you do not have a computer please call Tony Higham on 023 9263 2628 or contact on email@example.com and he will help you.
- There is a Facebook page for the latest news updates. If you have a Facebook account, log in, search for Hambledon Village Tennis Court and join the group. There is a notice board on the shed by the tennis court for those not on Facebook.
- If you want to book a children's tennis party and use the adjacent green and football pitch or want to book the court for regular bookings then please contact Tony Higham on firstname.lastname@example.org or 023 9263 2628.
Free Childrens Coaching Sessions - Saturday Mornings
There is free coaching for children every Saturday morning. James Craven is the young CRB checked LTA qualified coach. If your children have never played before, why not give it a try. Who knows - there may be a potential champion like Andy Murray or Johanna Konta out there!
After an enforced break of nearly 4 months whilst COVID-19 has interrupted our lives, am delighted to inform you that we are now confident in being able to safely re-start coaching for children on Saturday 11th July - but in a cautious and slightly different way.
The most important thing is the safety of all concerned - children, parents and not least our coach. So the following is with that in mind and adhering to LTA and Government advice:
- There will be a maximum of 4 children on court at any one time.
- Minimum age is five. 3-4 year olds will have to wait a bit longer until social distancing is relaxed.
- Sanitizing hands before and after play is essential - please ensure your child takes sanitizer.
- Please bring a water bottle - no sharing allowed
- Please bring your own racquet if you have one. No problem if not - we will provide a quarantined racquet to each child.
- Please brief you child about the importance of social distancing - 2m. And that they should not touch their face.
- All participants will have their name recorded and kept for 21 days in case Track and Trace is required.
- There will be other games organised by parents off the court. So there won't be any hanging about whilst waiting to play.
- Please choose a slot to turn up - there will be no bookings. If there are less than 4 children at any session, those who who have already played will be welcome to take part.
- Please ensure the court is empty before the new players move onto the court.
- Sadly there will be no Church provided coffee until COVID is over.
- Timings are as follows:
?First session 5-7s 0900 -0930. Those waiting can play other games organised by Dads.
Second Session for 5-7s 0930-1000
Third Session - First group 8-10s 1000- 1030 .
Fourth Session Second group 8-10s 1030-1100.
Fifth Session 11-16s 1100-1200
A parent will ensure all those on the court have left before the new players move onto the court. And will also regulate those attending and fix other games for those waiting.